What is Poxet 60 mg tablet?
Men with Premature Ejaculation (PE) are prescribed the oral medication Poxet 60 mg. Its active component, Dapoxetine, lengthens the ejaculation period by five to seven minutes by boosting serotonin levels in the brain.
How Poxet 60 mg Works
Poxet 60 mg acts by stimulating the nervous system’s serotonin production. It is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) with a brief half-life that prevents serotonin from being reabsorbed into neurons. Serotonin can now be accessed by the brain thanks to this. As a result, messages are sent between neurons more effectively. This adds five to seven minutes to the ejaculation period. As a result, he or she can enjoy a fulfilling sex with their partner.
Uses of Poxet 60
These issues are prescribed to be treated with it:
- Premature ejaculation (PE) is a condition in which a man loses control over his ejaculation, causing it to occur during sexual activity earlier than either he or his partner would anticipate.
Dosage of Poxet 60mg
It is advised to take one Poxet 60 mg tablet every 24 hours. It is advised that you do not take more than one tablet in a 24-hour period to avoid any severe drug side effects. This medication can be taken with or without food. Take this medication 1-2 hours before engaging in sexual activity for optimal effects. To get the intended effects, carefully adhere to your doctor’s prescription.
Missed Dosage: Usually, an on-demand dosage schedule is adhered to. This indicates that the medication is taken as needed. As such, there is very little chance of missing a dose.
Overdose: A drug overdose can have a number of negative effects. Make quick contact with your doctor if the medication starts to cause any negative side effects.
Prior to taking a Poxet 60 mg tablet, let your physician know:
- If you’ve previously experienced fainting.
- If any other medications or Dapoxetine cause allergies in you.
- If a heart attack, stroke, or heart failure is in your past.
- In the event that you have conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, angina, etc.
- If you suffer from liver or kidney issues.
- If you experience seizures or epilepsy.
- If you experience despair and anxiety.
- If you’ve previously experienced uncontrolled hypertension.
- If you suffer from a bleeding illness like hemophilia.
Side Effects of Poxet 60 mg
The following are typical Poxet 60 mg side effects:
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Increased blood pressure
- Excessive sweating
- Blurred vision
Drug Interactions with Poxet 60 mg
It is known that some medications can interact with Poxet 60 mg and change how it functions. Inform your doctor of any herbal, over-the-counter, recreational, or other medications you take for any other reason or to treat an existing illness.
- medications like erythromycin and clarithromycin
- antibiotics like ketoconazole
- drugs used as antidepressants, like paroxetine and fluoxetine
- Inhibitors of monoamine oxidase, like phenelzine
- Warfarin and other blood thinners
- Inhibitors of HIV protease, like ritonavir
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol may make adverse effects more likely to occur. Don’t take alcohol in addition to this medication.
The recommended storage method for Poxet 60 mg tablets is to keep them in their original packaging.
- Make sure kids cannot access the pills.
- The pills should not be exposed to direct sunlight, moisture, or heat.
- After opening the pack, place the tablet inside an airtight container.
- When the pills are about to expire, stop taking them.
Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I take 60 mg of Poxet every day?
Indeed. You take this medication when needed. It is advised to take this medication one to three hours prior to having sex. In a 24-hour period, you shouldn’t take more than one pill. You do not need to take this medication every day unless you are having sex every 24 hours.
How long does Poxet 60 mg take to start working?
Indeed. It takes two hours for this pill to reach its maximum potency. You will probably experience a doubled ejaculation time and become more in control of your ejaculation.
What is the duration of Poxet?
When taken orally, doxet is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream. One 60 mg tablet taken at a time results in peak plasma levels in about an hour. It is quickly removed and has a 1.5-hour half-life at first. Because of its 22-hour terminal half-life, the 60 mg dose is perfect for on-demand dosing. This is a useful treatment for premature ejaculation and lowers the possibility of unpleasant side effects.
How is Poxet 60 to be administered?
Indeed. This medication should be consumed orally along with water. Take it with or without food, one to three hours before engaging in any sexual activity.
What is Poxet 60 mg’s mode of action?
Indeed. The way this medication functions is by raising serotonin levels in the brain. The brain’s serotonin levels are impacted when someone has premature ejaculation (PE). An important neurotransmitter that influences appetite, mood, and overall wellbeing is serotonin. A person experiences difficulty controlling his ejaculation and ejaculates in less than a minute due to abnormal serotonin levels. Poxet 60 mg contains dapoxetine, a short-acting selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor that prevents serotonin from being reabsorbed into neurons, increasing the amount of serotonin that is available to the brain. This facilitates longer-lasting communication between the nerve cells. This specific function of Dapoxetine in Poxet 60 mg aids in self-control.
Can I drink alcohol and take this medication?
Yes, it is well known that alcohol interacts with Poxet 60 mg and raises the risk of adverse effects. Alcohol should not be combined with this medication.
Poxet should be taken when?
Indeed. This medication should be taken one to three hours prior to your planned sexual activity. Due to its quick absorption by the body, you should start feeling the effects of this medication one hour after taking it.